Re: texmathp.el built into emacs

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: texmathp.el built into emacs
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 10:43:39 +0200

uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> writes:

> I want to use `cdlatex`.  The package mentions that it requires
> texmathp.el which is distributed with AUCTeX to auto-insert $...$ when
> needed.  AUCTeX seems to be Gnu Software.

This is what cdlatex's README[1] says:

    CDLaTeX requires texmathp.el (which is distributed with AUCTeX) to
    auto-insert $...$ when needed, so we recommend you install AUCTeX to
    get this functionality.

> I am not sure whether `texmathp.el` is built into Emacs Release.

No, it's not built into Emacs core.  See above.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/cdlatex.html