Re: Customising display-fill-column-indicator-mode

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Customising display-fill-column-indicator-mode
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 04:31:18 +0200

> Sent: Friday, August 26, 2022 at 1:55 AM
> From: "Jean Louis" <bugs@gnu.support>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Customising display-fill-column-indicator-mode
>
> * Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2022-08-25 14:39]:
> > That's what Berg usually does: shame, guilt, insults, and the need
> > to be right.  And he's not the only one.
>
> Please... you see it so, I understand, but that is surface.
>
> I did not get that feeling.
>
> We are in this world of a mailing list about programming language, it
> has obscure nature. There is humor involved. It is often hidden, not
> easy to see.
>
> If one takes meaning by surface only, how can one laugh about it?

I have seen many instances in the mailing lists where people using
TOR and other non-tracking privacy-respecting systems get denigrated
on the Gnu Mailing List by people who have no interest in respecting
other people's freedom to avoid surveillance.  If many still think
the comments are Surface Only and Simply Humorous, I can go on and
make an official statement with proof that will likely be taken up
by the international media outlets.