Re: [historical remarks]

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [historical remarks]
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 11:02:53 +0200

Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

>> 2. I configured AUCTeX to convert `$` to `\(\)`, for inline math. Using
>> cdlatex-mode hijacks the keybinding and inserts `$$`, while org-cdlatex
>> doesn't.
>
> Sounds like a bug you should report to the cdlatex-mode maintainer.

I'd try to customize `cdlatex-paired-parens', maybe that helps:

  (defcustom cdlatex-paired-parens "$[{"
    "String with the opening parens you want to have inserted paired.
  The following parens are allowed here: `$([{|<'.
  I recommend to set this to '$[{' as these have syntactical meaning in
  TeX and are required to be paired.  TAB is a good way to move out of paired
  parens."
    :group 'cdlatex-miscellaneous-configurations
    :type '(string :tag "Opening delimiters"))

I don't use cdlatex so I can't tell.

Best, Arash