Re: How to jump with ediff

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: How to jump with ediff
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 12:56:55 -0400

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 11:23:30AM -0400, Stefan Monnier via Users
list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

> > However I do not know how to jump from one diff to the next. I read
> > that it is done with the n and p keys, but I cannot do it because the
> > file is writable. To act on differences a file must be writable.
>
> `n` is indeed the key to use, but you have to use it in the Ediff
> control window.
>

>         Stefan

Stefan, thank you, but you loose me. What is a "control window"? I'm
running ediff in emacs. With the Mx-ediff command Emacs displays two
vertical windows. One displays one file and the other window displays
the other file. There is no "Ediff control window" that I can see.

I should note that I'm running Devuan (Debian without systemd) and I
have no desktop environment.

Haines