Re: define-key upon common-lisp-mode and inferior-lisp-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: define-key upon common-lisp-mode and inferior-lisp-mode
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:24:20 -0400

> Have encountered "common-lisp-mode" but there does not exist
> "common-lisp-mode-map".

On my machine, `C-h o common-lisp-mode RET` tells me:

    common-lisp-mode is an alias for ‘lisp-mode’ in ‘lisp-mode.el’.

> Also seen "inferior-lisp-mode-map". which has no associated
> "inferior-lisp-mode".

Really?  They're both defined in the same `inf-lisp.el` file.
AFAIK it's a mode that used to be used for a buffer containing
common-lisp REPL running in a subprocess.  I suspect nowadays people use
Slime or SLY which I expect don't use `inf-lisp.el` any more.
Then again, I thought `lisp-mode` wasn't used by those modes either but
I was proved wrong, so maybe they do still use `inferior-lisp-mode`
as well?

        Stefan