Why M-x highlight-regexp does not work after sort in tabulated-list-mode

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Why M-x highlight-regexp does not work after sort in tabulated-list-mode?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 00:11:51 +0300

I am trying to understand this. Here is the problem, step by step:

1. {M-x package-list-packages RET}

2. {M-x highlight-regexp RET gnu RET RET} this will highlight word
   "gnu" everywhere

3. Click to sort the list by column like "Version"

4. Highlights are lost, and I can understand that.

   But {M-x highlight-regexp RET gnu RET RET} does not work any more
   at this point.

This was already on the mailing list, but I have forgot what to do to
remedy this.

I do need to make sure that some highlights appear after sorting of
tabulated-list-mode.

Does anybody have clue why is this happening?

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/