Unicode characters for transcribing to pdf

From: wilnerthomas
Subject: Unicode characters for transcribing to pdf
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 16:32:29 +0200 (CEST)

Have been writing a tex document on emacs utilising UTF-8.

Then using pdflatex to make the pdf.  But pdflatex is reporting that unicode
character ħ (U+0127) is not set up for use with LaTeX.

What Gnu program could I use that is UTF-8 aware?  I know this has nothing to
do with emacs,
but I do not know any latex gnu program that can make pdf from latex and to
which I can send
this description to an appropriate mailing list.