Re: define-key upon common-lisp-mode and inferior-lisp-mode

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: define-key upon common-lisp-mode and inferior-lisp-mode
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 11:27:42 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> In the version which says that, use keymap-local-set, if you prefer
> that.  But local-set-key is not going anywhere any time soon, so I
> wouldn't worry about that, if you need to write code for multiple
> versions of Emacs, or help people who might use released versions
> (which is what happens here).

You're right, and as a matter of fact, from the doctring I cannot see when
that advice was introduced.

> The advantage is that you don't need to care about the mode and its
> map.  Which was a problem in this case, so I thought I was helping.

Thanks, that's something I can use too. Usually I use define-key because
I'm setting my init file, and I know (almost everytime) which mode I'm
customizing. Anyway, your suggestion is super useful. Thanks!

Alessandro