Re: Need for colorful completing read

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Need for colorful completing read
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 00:07:45 +0300

* Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> [2022-09-05 23:51]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > I would like to make a function similar to `completing-read' for the
> > choice of colors as shown by {M-x list-colors-display RET} so that I
> > can choose or select a color and that I can see the color while
> > selecting it.
> >
> > Is that possible or maybe already exists somewhere?
>
> `read-color'

Thanks, that is great.

I am inspecting it. There are 754 completion possibilities. Do you
think this number is changeable over few years?

I am asking as I think I should rather put the list of colors into the
database so that a column references other table of these colors.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman