Re: can shell mode keep a log?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: can shell mode keep a log?
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 17:40:03 -0700

thank you all for your replies.  here are why i think those soliutions
will not work.

i need ti to be automatic, for the entire shell session, for all
comand including prompts,  sort of like typescrpt ut that would likely
have issues i am unware of such as commands outputtig to termianl or
osehting.

iow a complete history o the shell sessions in my shell buffers, saved
continuously or continually to files efficiently.

it is not for a ingle command.  i would indeed use tee for such things.

soign write-file is good for manual saves and i should remember it
morel  although i think that changes the visited filename or so.  but
it is not the automatic solution i am looking or.  i want a log of the
session.

thank youl.

--
The Kafka Pandemic