Re: Remove auctex from emacs

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Remove auctex from emacs
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 09:16:17 +0200

On 2022-09-11, at 21:19, uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> wrote:

> How can remove auctex from emacs so that i can use tex-mode and latex-mode ?

Out of curiosity: why?  Is there anything that AUCTeX doesn't do that
the built-in tex-mode/latex-mode does?  I never used the built-in mode,
but I read its documentation (many years ago), and it seems rather
simplistic.  OTOH, I used AUCTeX for many, many years (at least 15 years
- now I rarely do anything in (La)TeX), and it has always served me well
(maybe apart from rather poor ConTeXt support, idk if that improved -
but it still wasn't very bad).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski