Re: Frame shifted upwards upon changing font size

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Frame shifted upwards upon changing font size
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 12:25:27 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Tuesday, September 13th, 2022 at 12:10 PM, uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me>
wrote:

> [...]

Have found that default-frame-alist much trickier to use.  If I set
(top . 21) (left . 21) the frame might get placed on a different
monitor than from the monitor emacs was called.

Have also done a frame-inhibit-implied-resize, this fixes the top-bottom
centering
but not the left-right centering.  Looks as if we need a new function that
ensures
the frame is centered.

   (setq initial-frame-alist '((width . 75) (height . 21)))

   (setq frame-inhibit-implied-resize t)

   (set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 160 :weight 'bold)

   (setq frame-inhibit-implied-resize nil)