Re: Frame shifted upwards upon changing font size

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Frame shifted upwards upon changing font size
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 09:17:32 +0200

>>>>> On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 15:09:55 +0000, uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> said:

    uzibalqa> Could emacs get to understand the monitor within which the
initial frame

    uzibalqa> gets displayed and be able to center the frame in that monitor?

    >> `frame-monitor-attributes' will give you the same information as`
    >> display-monitor-attributes-list', but for the monitor where the
    >> currently selected frame is displayed.
    >>

    >> Robert
    >> --

    uzibalqa> frame-monitor-attributes gives me

    uzibalqa> ((geometry 1080 1152 1366 768) (workarea 1080 1152 1311 768)
(mm-size 344 194)

    uzibalqa> (frames #<frame *scratch* 0x1c111f0> #<frame Speedbar 0x30cefc0>)
(source . "Gdk"))

    uzibalqa> How do I interpret this, and how can I use this information?

Well, you do

(alist-get 'geometry (frame-monitor-attributes))

which gives you a list, of which the 3rd element is the width of
the monitor, which you can use in Gregoryʼs example function.

Robert