Need `format' with position numbers

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Need `format' with position numbers
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 01:57:39 +0300

In Lisp and the command `format' does not have positioning number,
order of arguments is static:

(format "%s %s %s" name link description)

and I would like to have positioning such as in PostgreSQL:

"WHERE link = $2 AND name = $1" name link

This is because arbitrary formats for command `format' may come in the
system I am building, it is not predictable how users would like to
place name, link, description in various markup languages.

Maybe there exists different `format' command that uses position
numbers in some package?

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman