Re: interactive spec with reasonable numbers for c-u

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: interactive spec with reasonable numbers for c-u
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 05:36:24 +0200

Samuel Wales wrote:

>> How about using (log N 4), where N is what you get from the
>> prefix, i.e. 4, 16, 64, etc.?
>
> that would work. but it being just about as easy to use the
> number directly, i was thinking there might be a new
> interactive spec, and another possibility might be something
> that allows symbols to be used in conditionals.

Do it, I've never heard of anyone writing his own interactive
spec so it's an original idea ...

As for getting 1, 2, 3 or anything else out of the 4, 16, 64
etc there is no other way than to convert them with Lisp as
suggested or in whatever other way one would prefer to get the
desired result.

> never mind whole thing. there are surely greater things to
> be done with emacs than to mind this silly post.

Stop it, you ruin your self esteem ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal