Re: Observing lags or never ending processes

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Observing lags or never ending processes
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 17:16:17 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2022-09-23 13:45]:
> > Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:17:31 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> >
> > > You are describing what midnight.el already does (if you activate it).
> >
> > That is interesting, I read it here.
> >
> > Though I do not see if midnight understands if buffer was viewed or
> > not. I would like to kill buffer only if it was not re-visited for
> > some time.
> >
> > I would not like killing buffers at midnight just because they match
> > some regexp.
>
> Are you sure you've read the commentary and the doc strings in that
> package carefully enough?

I was handling delirium stages due to malaria and despite that
reworked my code without sleep for 2 nights. No wonder I did not see
all what is in midnight.el

It is perfect for my needs, so I have enabled it now.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/