Re: not warn about smilies/emoticon "missing" parens

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: not warn about smilies/emoticon "missing" parens
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 13:27:30 +0200

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

>> Why this
>>
>> (require 'paren)
>> (show-paren-mode)
>> ;; (setq show-paren-delay 0)
>> ;; (setq show-paren-predicate '(not (major-mode . erc-mode))) ; DNC
>>
>> doesn't work?
>>
>> `show-paren-predicate' don't work like that?
>>
>> I don't understand the docstring, either.
>
> http://mbork.pl/2015-10-17_xkcd-541_mode

OK, but isn't this the purpose of `show-paren-predicate'?
So it can't be done that way? If it can't, that capacity must
be added and in a straightforward way which is super-easy to
turn on and off ...

> Note: contrary to what I wrote there, that code did not make
> it into the book.

Oh man, you have to read a BOOK to solve this? And worse, it
isn't even included? :)

Where's the book?

--
underground experts united