I need packages and custom with --script

From: Jean Louis
Subject: I need packages and custom with --script
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 09:57:06 +0300

I have on server Emacs 27 running, and I notice that I cannot load
packages with `require' even if installed, if I use --script and I see
that I cannot load packages and cannot get ~/.emacs.d/init.el
automatically loaded so that I can get customized variables from
inside.

I need help on that. Do I need to load 'package like this? I have
tried, but it still does not recognize other packages, so I can't load
them with (require 'my-package)

And what do I need to load so that ~/.emacs.d/init.el is read and
custom variables read while running under --script ?

#!/home/data1/protected/bin/emacs --script
(require 'package)
(require 'custom)

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns