Re: Box cursor at EoL

From: Dr Rainer Woitok
Subject: Re: Box cursor at EoL
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 16:56:52 +0200

Eli,

On Friday, 2022-10-07 14:11:34 +0300, you wrote:

> > Well, I'm rarely using windows, normally I would open the same file in a
> > different frame,  so the question arises:  is there such a  concept as a
> > FRAME-local variable?
>
> Yes: frame parameters can be used to that effect.

Ok, so I changed my hook function to

   (lambda () (while-no-input
                 (set-frame-parameter nil               ; Current frame.
                                      'cursor-type      ; Variable name.
                                      (if (eolp) EoL-Cursor ; EoL value.
                                                     Cursor ; Nrm value.

That works in different frames,  but of course not  in different windows
within the same frame.  However replacing function `set-frame-parameter´
with `set-window-parameter´ prevented the hook function  from working at
all, so `cursor-type´ doesn't seem to be a legal window parameter :-(

Can't I use window parameters to store cursor specific information?

Sincerely,
  Rainer