Re: Name completion when using "read-char-by-name"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Name completion when using "read-char-by-name"
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 22:03:49 +0300

> Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 16:04:38 +0000
> From: uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> > But with "read-char-by-name" the TAB does not fire the completion list.
>
> Ok.  I give some additional information.  If I input "RIGHT<TAB>" I do get
> the completion.
> But what if I want names with "RIGHT" in the middle of a name?

Type *RIGHT<TAB>

Note the asterisk.

P.S.  Do you ever try to read the documentation of the features you
ask about, before you ask?  Or do you expect others to spell it out
for you?  Because everything you ask for is in the documentation.  For
example, this last question's answer is right there in the doc string:

  You can type a few of the first letters of the Unicode name and
  use completion.  If you type a substring of the Unicode name
  preceded by an asterisk ‘*’ and use completion, it will show all
  the characters whose names include that substring, not necessarily
  at the beginning of the name.