Re: Interactive function

From: thibaut . verron
Subject: Re: Interactive function
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 15:43:59 +0200

Something like that?

(defun function (args)
 "Docstring"
 (describe-function #'function))

You should probably not show this to the compiler though.

On 10/10/2022 15:24, uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> wrote:
I have the following function that prints some information about Emacs Init.
The messages for the user are included in the function documentation part.
Thusly, I would like that when the user calls "M-x emacs-init", I show the
docstring.  How can I implement such feature in the body of the function to
call the docstring?

(defun emacs-init ()

   "TODO.

Emacs packages write their caches, histories, etc. into ~/.emacs.d/.

See directory '.emacs.d' in directory

${HOME}/xepty/"

   (interactive)

   (message "See C-h f emacs-init") )