Re: [External] : view-remove-frame-by-deleting ignored?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [External] : view-remove-frame-by-deleting ignored?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 19:04:08 +0300

> From: Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> CC: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 15:33:14 +0000

> > > Too bad.  I see this a lot with Emacs users
> > > as of late, where they pick some version of
> > > Emacs that has not seen development in years
> > > (or even decades) and stick to it, because
> > > we break too much.
> >
> > FTR, in this particular case, our requests that
> > Drew helps us debug the problem which caused him
> > stick to 26.3 were met with refusal.
>
> That is _absolutely_ untrue.  A completely unfair
> characterization.

It's fair and true.  As you yourself describe:

> I provided the info I could, with the time and
> know-how I have available.  Trying to track down
> the problem in more detail is beyond me, as I've
> explained.

Exactly: once we asked for more effort than you were prepared to
invest you said no.  How is that not a refusal?  You were told several
times that you are the only one who can reproduce the problem, and you
still declined to help more.  So here we are today.

> I'm not expecting Emacs development to cater to
> my setup.  Never have.  I can't make good use of
> Emacs after release 26, but I don't expect that
> to change.

Then please make a point of saying this when you mention that you
stick to Emacs 26.3, lest people who aren't privy to the history of
this don't fall into the trap of thinking we break stuff and don't
bother fixing it.

> For some reason Eli, you never miss an opportunity
> to attack me personally.  Too bad.

It's actually the other way around.