Re: [External] : Running emacs without any customisation

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: [External] : Running emacs without any customisation
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 14:18:27 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Thursday, October 13th, 2022 at 2:03 PM, Pascal Quesseveur
<pquessev@gmail.com> wrote:

> > "u" == uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me writes:
>

> u> No. I think there is no option but to remove everything. And I
>
> u> do not know repercussions there might be. My plan was only to
>
> u> remove the EMACS ones.
>

> Perhaps you can use xrdq -query -all and redirect output in a file,
> remove lines in that file that can affect emacs, reload the file with
> xrdb -load ant then launch emacs. So you don't remove all resources
> from your database. Step by step you can find the resources that cause
> problems. When it's ok you can save the resources file.

Hello Pascal.  Someone said that other parameters besides those tagged EMACS
could affect emacs configuration.  All this discussion stems from the problem\
that things are not completely understood or made fully understandable.  It's a
possible approach nonetheless.  Have been asking what could happen if I remove
all
x-resource setting from the database.  Would you reckon serious repercussions,
user might not be aware he is doing?