Re: [External] : Running emacs without any customisation

From: Pascal Quesseveur
Subject: Re: [External] : Running emacs without any customisation
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 17:04:52 +0200

>"u" == uzibalqa  <uzibalqa@proton.me> a écrit :

  u> Hello Pascal.  Someone said that other parameters besides those
  u> tagged EMACS could affect emacs configuration.

It could happen that a general resource can affect emacs. If I'm not
mistaken if there is a general resource eg. *.background it could be
applied to a client if the client does not set the value by some
means.

  u> happen if I remove all x-resource setting from the database.
  u> Would you reckon serious repercussions, a user might not be aware
  u> he is doing?

It's hard to say because it depends on how other programs work.

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com