Re: [External] : Running emacs without any customisation

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: [External] : Running emacs without any customisation
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 12:30:24 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, October 14th, 2022 at 9:57 AM, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dr Rainer Woitok rainer.woitok@gmail.com writes:
>
> > According to this locic it's absolutely unwise to run ANY programme not
> > written by yourself under your userid on ANY operating system not writ-
> > ten by yourself, because doing so could modify or destroy ANY file in
> > your home directory!
> >
> > After all the OPs problem arose from Trisquel (of all things!) providing
> > unwise (according to the OP) defaults and the OP not willing to read the
> > documentation or to REALLY follow the advise received on this list!
>

> Exactly.

Have not setup resources myself, just had my init file, which now in broken.
With the x-resources setup, I cannot see the text in the modeline.  It may
be something emacs relies on when there is no init file.  But think for a
moment the situation where the x-resources are not beneficial for the user
for a particular program.  Because I cannot see from where the x resources
settings are coming from, I claimed those settings cannot be fully trusted
to produce a workable emacs session.  Could emacs have a set of init files
users can use in cases where they encounter problems and the x resources
settings are not suitable for some particular emacs feature?