Re: diary-mail-entries

From: aalinovi
Subject: Re: diary-mail-entries
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 09:42:55 -0400

It appears I spoke to soon.

In ~/.emacs.d/init.el I have:

(require 'midnight)
(midnight-delay-set 'midnight-delay "0:40am")

In midnight customization, the only thing I changed was to add
"diary-mail-entries" to "Midnight hook".

My problem is that not only does dairy-mail-entry run at 40 minutes
after midnight, it also runs each and everytime I start emacs.

I know some people keep emacs running for weeks or even months at a
time. I don't work like that. I am retired and use my laptop to browse
the web, read emails, etc. When I'm done I shut down and then boot up
later in the day if I feel like it. Having emacs send me an email each
time is not what I want.

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Arthur