How to open file unconditionally?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: How to open file unconditionally?
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 12:13:38 +0300

I wish to open file unconditionally. In my case I am opening
dynamically generated pictures. Once picture is in Emacs, another
dynamic picture is generated. I wish that find-file does not ask me
yes/no when opening a file that already has a buffer. I want to simply
open it without disturbance.

I have tried following:

             (let ((confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer 1))
               (find-file svg)))))))

but that does not get noticed by find-file

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman