Re: [External] : Re: Setting value 1 when matching two strings

From: Heime
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Setting value 1 when matching two strings
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 00:17:29 +0000

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, October 16th, 2022 at 11:39 PM, Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:

> Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com writes:
>
> > You always fall short of giving enough information to use it. It is
> > not amusing at all. Pathetic.
>

> You really did not yet even have one single look into the manual?
>
> You open the GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual in the Gnu Emacs info
> viewer, and type i eq RET, key by key, literally.
>
> Do you know how to open that manual?
>
> Michael.

Have gone through "An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp" but cannot
assimilate all that.  If there was some condensed article about important tools
for the elisp programmer, and a crash course on how to use them, that would be
very helpful.

What I did was look at the emacs website displaying everything on one web page.
The Gnu Emacs Info Viewer, is that when you type "info" at the shell command
line?