RE: [External] : Re: Setting value 1 when matching two strings

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Setting value 1 when matching two strings
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 00:42:30 +0000

> > `i eq RET' ... Do yourself a favor: Ask Emacs.
>
> I do not know what exactly I have to do to use
> your suggestion `i eq RET'.  Have been looking
> at the function documentation with "C-h f" but
> it is not very useful from the operational point
> of view.

Menubar menu:

 Help > More Manuals > Emacs Lisp Reference

Or just `C-h i  m  el RET'.

That puts you in the `Emacs Lisp manual'.

Menubar menu:

 Info > Index > Lookup a String

Or just `i'.

Then `eq RET'.

That goes to the first manual node referenced by
the first index entry that matches "eq".

> Have only started this week and have a month
> on the task.  Thank you far the guidance.

You're welcome.
___

You'll also do yourself a favor if you read some
of the Info manual:

 Help > More Manuals > All Other Manuals (Info)

Then `m  in RET'.
Or just `C-h i  m  in RET'.

That puts you in the Info manual, which tells
you how to use Info, the hypertext manuals UI.

The Info menu also gives you some navigation
help etc.