Re: Accessing Lisp Intro with eintr

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Accessing Lisp Intro with eintr
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 10:20:58 +0300

* Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
[2022-10-17 07:57]:
> Using info, this is the way to access the manuals using "elisp" and
> "emacs".

I recommend using Hyperbole package to get some quicker functions:
{M-x package-install RET hyperbole} as then what you see here within
curly brackets becomes a link that you activate with M-RET:

- For Emacs Lisp reference I use always {C-h r TAB RET}

- To get into Emacs Lisp Intro is to evaluate this function:
  (info "(eintr) Top")

- To make a command, meaning invokable Emacs Lisp function:

(defun my-emacs-lisp-intro ()
  (interactive)
  (info "(eintr) Top"))

- To assign that command to a key:

(keymap-set global-map "C-c e" #'my-emacs-lisp-intro)

Now all what you need to do is press {C-c e} to get

"An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp"

And remember that key bindings shall rather begin with C-c for
user configured functions.

You can put those definitions in your init file.

(defun my-emacs-lisp-intro ()
  (interactive)
  (info "(eintr) Top"))

Little problem is that function `keymap-set' is in my latest version of Emacs,
so you better use:

(define-key global-map (kbd "C-c e") #'my-emacs-lisp-intro)

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman