Re: Warning (bytecomp): reference to free variable ‘inherit’

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Warning (bytecomp): reference to free variable ‘inherit’
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 06:15:22 +0200

David Masterson wrote:

>>> It's a warning, but the buffer pop to the front at the end
>>> of my Emacs startup and I'd like to fix that. The problem
>>> is that the message isn't giving me a clue on what was
>>> being byte compiled.
>>
>> Okey, but why are there byte-compilation at all?
>
> You got me. I don't see a way to trace it. Is it possible to
> hook into byte-compile and have it print out what file it is
> working on?

Wait, the new warning pop-up buffer, I also had that, it was
related to Tramp but that same warning exactly, and it
disappeared when I upgraded Emacs.

I have no idea what that is but maybe it isn't that byte
compilation really occurs on startup, maybe it's just some new
way of telling us stuff that we haven't been ... told about.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal