RE: [External] : Re: About Package using a menu

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: About Package using a menu
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 20:35:16 +0000

> > > Have been playing with constructing a "Xepty menu" with a "Daphne
> submenu",
> > > but how do I make it to display?
> >

> > Keep reading.
> >
> > Node Menu Keymaps has everything you need.
> > Node Menu Example shows you an example.
> > Etc.
>
> My problem is about understanding how to make a new parent menu.  The example
> assumes that the parent menu (menu-bar-edit-menu) already exists.

1. You can pop up a menu; it need not have a parent.

   Pretty much anywhere you can use a keymap you can use
   a menu.

   As the (entire) text of node Menu Keymaps tells you:

    "A keymap can operate as a menu as well as defining
     bindings for keyboard keys and mouse buttons.  Menus
     are usually actuated with the mouse, but they can
     function with the keyboard also.  If a menu keymap
     is active for the next input event, that activates
     the keyboard menu feature."

2. You can use an existing menu as parent, or create one.

Keep reading.