Re: Problems with flyspell and accents

From: Sébastien Gendre
Subject: Re: Problems with flyspell and accents
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 09:13:09 +0200

As the word suggested by ispell where in french, I think the default
dictionary is set to French language (like my system).

But if, after called `flyspell-mode`, I set the dictionary to fr_FR with
`ispell-change-dictionary`, the problem is gone.

It's strange, because before Emacs 28.1, I didn't need to tell ispell to
speak french. It was by default.

But now, I know I need to set the default language in my init.el file:
```
(ispell-change-dictionary "fr_FR")
```

But how I need to set the dictionary at Emacs start now ?

How can I find what is the default dictionary if I not set it ?

How can I find the speller used ?

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> you perhaps upgrade the speller as well when you switched to Emacs 28?

Probably, it was after an upgrade of Fedora to a new major version.