Re: Problems with flyspell and accents

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Problems with flyspell and accents
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 11:10:24 +0300

> From: Sébastien Gendre <seb@k-7.ch>
> Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 09:13:09 +0200
>

> As the word suggested by ispell where in french, I think the default
> dictionary is set to French language (like my system).
>
> But if, after called `flyspell-mode`, I set the dictionary to fr_FR with
> `ispell-change-dictionary`, the problem is gone.

So the default dictionary is not for French, or so it seems.

> It's strange, because before Emacs 28.1, I didn't need to tell ispell to
> speak french. It was by default.
>
> But now, I know I need to set the default language in my init.el file:
> ```
> (ispell-change-dictionary "fr_FR")
> ```
>
> But how I need to set the dictionary at Emacs start now ?
>
> How can I find what is the default dictionary if I not set it ?
>
> How can I find the speller used ?

Let's start with the latter: after you turn on flyspell-mode, type
"M-x list-processes RET", and see what speller are you running.  I
think the issue of setting up the default dictionary might depend on
that.

Is that in "emacs -Q", btw?  If not, please try in "emacs -Q" first.