Repositioning point to buffer beginning

From: Heime
Subject: Repositioning point to buffer beginning
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 02:04:55 +0000

I am printing a list in a buffer, calling it many times with

(viewer (people "World" 'beg)

(viewer (animals "World" 'beg)

(viewer (places "World" 'beg)

The problem is that if I place point somewhere in the World buffer, point
is not repositioned at the beginning of the buffer everytime viewer is called.

(defun viewer (list bufrn &optional pos)

"Shows list details in buffer BUFRN."

(setq actm (or actm 'end))

(with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create bufrn)

(if (eq actm 'beg) (beginning-of-buffer) (end-of-buffer)))

(princ (format "%s\n" list) (get-buffer bufrn)))

(if (eq actm 'beg) (beginning-of-buffer) (end-of-buffer))))

(pop-to-buffer bufrn))