Re: emacs 28.2 on Windows XP 32-bit

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: emacs 28.2 on Windows XP 32-bit
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 10:15:16 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> You will have to build the 32-bit version of yourself with MinGW; see
> nt/INSTALL.  Emacs continues to support Windows 9x onwards, but the
> volunteer who used to provide 32-bit prebuilts has ceased to do so.

I think there is another volunteer who is providing 32-bit builds.

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/

Search for emacs-28.2-2-w32-bin.zip.  This is from the README.txt:

  emacs-28.2-2-w32

  A 32-bit Windows build of GNU Emacs version 28.2.  The MS-Windows
  binaries of Emacs available from the GNU FTP site include only a
  64-bit build, and cannot run on Windows before Windows 7.  This
  32-bit build runs on Windows XP and later, and is supposed to be
  able to run on Windows 9X as well (but was not actually tested
  there).

Best, Arash