Re: Disabling automatic reindentation of the current line after a newlin

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Disabling automatic reindentation of the current line after a newline
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 23:55:30 +0200

Le 24/10/2022 à 19:58, Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor a écrit :
line when I press RET. What I'd like is for Emacs to auto-insert the
number of spaces it deems necessary for the new, still blank line
whenever I press RET, without also reindenting the previous line,
Set `electric-indent-inhibit` to t.

Thanks! This works in Lisp and Scheme. It does not prevent the
C++ mode from reindenting when inserting a semicolon, but I can
live with that one.

Best,
Jean