Re: Testing whether a list contains at least one non-nil element

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Testing whether a list contains at least one non-nil element
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 06:01:12 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> cl- is Common Lisp prefix to conform those people who are
> used to Common Lisp. Those functions are bloated.

The are useful (and neat), that's why people use them, not
that they are used to them from CL.

But that's a possibility and correct for some people, and why
not? They were useful there, implemented here for that reason,
and after that they have been useful here as well. This is
completely natural, it's a good thing and it happens all
the time, God willing that will continue.

So if some dude comes up with something in some other Lisp
dialect first thing we should do after finishing the morning
milk and flakes is see if we could do that same thing here as
well so we also benefit from his ingenuity and overall just
elevate our game any and all ways possible ...

> (defun list-has-non-nil-p (list)
>   "Test if list has non nil element."
>   (elt (remq nil list) 0))

-1