Re: sql-postgres connect using URL

From: Rob Sargent
Subject: Re: sql-postgres connect using URL
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 19:53:04 -0600

On 10/27/22 14:56, Jean Louis wrote:
* Rob Sargent <rsargent@xmission.com> [2022-10-27 23:05]:
I need to be able to supple option TCP options in my sql-postgres sessions.

I've tried the following, without effect so far.

|(setq sql-connection-alist '(db (sql-product 'postgres) (sql-database
("postgresql://myusername@host/dbname?keepalives_idle=69?other=...")))|
I think PostgreSQL listens on TCP port by default, so what you need to
supply are variables

(setq sql-database "my-db")
(setq sql-password "my-pass")
(setq sql-postgres-login-params (quote (user password server database)))
(setq sql-postgres-program "psql")
(setq sql-product (quote postgres))
(setq sql-server "my-remote-server")
(setq sql-user "my-user")

Yeah, that follows the expected pattern and my usual usage but I need to use the URL style connection string.  I don't believe the command line args include keepalives*