Re: How to streamline my Magit workflow?

From: Björn Bidar
Subject: Re: How to streamline my Magit workflow?
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 20:15:51 +0300

> I am using Magit with BitBucket (don't judge me - my company uses BB,
> I'd probably prefer something else).  When I push (with Magit, of
> course), BitBucket responds with some info on the command line (I
> suppose it uses Git hooks under the hood, but that is not important
> here).  What is important is that I can parse that output to get the URL
> I need to visit in my browser to open a pull request.

My company uses BB too, I usually just open the browser to create a PR.

> Now, I'd like to streamline my workflow.  Instead of pressing `$',
> finding that URL and copying it to my browser, I'd like to either have
> it done automatically after a push or triggered with a custom command.

I think the best that could be done is to extend magit-forge with BB
support, however there were some issues with that as BB has no support
to predict the PR refs. https://github.com/magit/forge/pull/198

> 2. Is there some hook which runs after a (Magit) push is completed?

Yes BB runs a post-receive hook on their server to send you this
message.

Magit doesn't run any hook only git would do. But I think you mean
magit-hook, you could try C-h m RET and see if any of the hooks could
help you.

The best you can do is to parse the output of git push.

Br,

Björn Bidar