Signing message reply problem

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: Signing message reply problem
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 00:19:34 +0100

Hello,

I just started experimenting with signing and encrypting mail with
Gnus. For most part is working just fine, but I found a situation that
is giving me trouble. When I get an e-mail from someone who didn't sign
or encrypt their message and then I reply to their mail, I get the
following:

,----
| To: "And <and@XXX.XX>
| Subject: Re: TEST
| From: Angel de Vicente <XXXXXXXXXXXXX>
| Gcc: nnml:Correo.MAIN
| --text follows this line--
|

| "And <XXXXXXXXX> writes:
| > this message is strictly prohibited. More information:
| >
| <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
|
| --
| Ángel de Vicente
|  Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)
|  Tel.: +34 922-605-747
|  Web.: http://research.iac.es/proyecto/polmag/
|
|  GPG: 0x8BDC390B69033F52
`----

In my .emacs file I add the following hook, so that all messages will be
signed automatically:

(add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)

and that works fine for regular messages that I start or when replying
to previously signed, but if the message I reply to is not signed, then
the tag <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign> is placed in the middle of
the message, and the outgoing message is not signed.

I can certainly sign it no problems if I issue the command C-c C-m C-s,
which then positions the tag again at the beginning of the message, but
obviously I would prefer not to do it by hand, because I will most
likely forget.

Any advice/ideas?

Thanks
--