Setting numecir values according to symbol

From: Heime
Subject: Setting numecir values according to symbol
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 04:31:34 +0000

Am currently implementing a system that sets the minibuffer completion
framework for emacs.
I set the numeric value of "mbcomplt" according the value of a variable "armg"
which is a symbol.

Perhaps I can implement the setting of "mbcomplt" in a much more
straightforward manner than
using the following implementation.

  (defvar mbcomplt 0)

  (cond
   ((eq armg 'auto) (setq mbcomplt 0)
   ((eq armg 'icomplt-horz) (setq mbcomplt 1)
   ((eq armg 'icomplt-vert) (setq mbcomplt 2)
   ((eq armg 'ivy) (setq mbcomplt 3)
   ((eq armg 'vertico) (setq mbcomplt 4)
   ((eq armg 'helm) (setq mbcomplt 5)))