Re: Signing message reply problem

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: Re: Signing message reply problem
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 09:52:41 +0000

Hello,

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>     >> (defun angel-message-setup ()
>     >> (save-excursion
>     >> (message-goto-body)
>     >> (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)))
>     >>
>     >> (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'angel-message-setup)
>
>     Angel> Thanks, but unfortunately it behaves in the same way.
>
> Strange, it works for me. If you want to work out whatʼs going on you
> can use `edebug-defun' and then single step through
> `angel-message-setup' to see whatʼs going on.

Maybe you were trying 'r' instead of 'R'?

I edebug'ed it and basically it goes through the function, inserts the
tag for signing the message, but afterwards it yanks the text right
after the headers, so pushing down the tag.

Which I think is what you expect from message-setup-hook: "Hook run as
the last thing when the message buffer has been initialized, but before
yanked text is inserted.". Ideally I would like to add the hook after
the yanked text is inserted, but not sure how to proceed..

Cheers,
--
Ángel de Vicente                 -- (GPG: 0x64D9FDAE7CD5E939)
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)