Re: [External] : Re: filemananger for emacs with meta information about

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: filemananger for emacs with meta information about a file without opening it
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 08:28:10 +0100

>>> "DA" == Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> writes:

> If you also use Bookmark+, and if the file has an
> autofile bookmark, then `C-h RET' with a non-positive
> prefix arg describes the bookmark too.

> So a zero prefix arg describes symlink and bookmark.

> (An autofile bookmark is automatically named with the
> nondir part of the bookmarked file name.  It acts like
> a file, but with additional, user-defined properties.)

Thanks, I have used bookmark (without+) for ages and configured it for my
workflow (using outline-minor-mode in a specific way).

Indeed I came across bookmark+ and dired+
When I started bookmark+ it looked (shockingly) different 🙃

I did not know about the keybinding you  described in dired mode which would be
indeed helpful, thanks.

However I have also configured vanilla dired for my purposes, so I have to see
whether that all would work under dired+.

The most important question is. Is there anyway to indicate in dired+ that a
given file has a bookmark annotate entry?

It seems that I got finally
https://github.com/gunther-bachmann/emacs-dired-annotator

To work, which takes a different route.

Thanks and regards