Re: filemananger for emacs with meta information about a file without op

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: filemananger for emacs with meta information about a file without opening it
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 18:48:40 +0100

On 2022-11-04, at 14:43, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

>> From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
>> Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 14:05:48 +0100
>>
>> > Quantity has its own quality, as Comrade Stalin wisely said ...
>>
>> Yes, indeed he did say that, and that is why Russia lost roughly 5 times
>> as many soldiers and tanks as Germany (but won the war), well getting
>> off topic soon.........
>
> Would you please stop bringing up this stuff on this list?  Just your
> signature is enough of irrelevant noise here; I wish you'd stopped
> posting that mantra.  Its place is elsewhere, where these issues are
> discussed and your opinions could actually change something.

Well, to be fair, he didn't start that this time.  Frankly, as someone
who lived in Poland (which was effectively under Stalin's rule for
significant amount of time, though luckily (for me) I wasn't born then
yet), seeing the words "Comrade Stalin" (with capital "C" even!) and
"wisely said" in direct vicinity made me almost physically cringe.  And
I'm actually pretty immune to things like this.

While I often appreciate Emanuel's quips, this one was bordering on
offensive...

Just my 2 cents,

--
Marcin Borkowski