Re: viper and the minibuffer text color

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: viper and the minibuffer text color
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 14:01:16 +0000

Hi. Thorsten.
My comments below.

[...]

    Thorsten> No, it's not a bug.  You activated Viper and GNU Emacs behaves
accordingly ;-)

Ok. That is good to know. The reason I am asking is because evil-mode does not
change that
face.

    Thorsten> Viper indicates in which vi/viper state it is in by visual
feedback.  The "pink"
    Thorsten> you're seeing is `viper-minibuffer-insert-face', the face used in
    Thorsten> `viper-minibuffer-insert' which is the---quoting from the
documentation---"Face used
    Thorsten> in the Minibuffer when it is in Insert state".  You could
customize
    Thorsten> `viper-minibuffer-insert' if you want to change it.  (Which I
wouldn't do until being
    Thorsten> so familiar with Viper and the reasoning behind it to make an
informed decision.)

As I came from evil. Some evil users had found a different way of detecting the
states. It involves the funct (which changes the modeline color):
| (add-hook 'post-command-hook 'do--change-mode-line-color-by-viper-state)
`----

I am sharing my complete viper setup(JIC):
https://termbin.com/zzfu

    Thorsten> Hope this helps, Toto

Yes. It helps. Thanks.

Best Regards