Re: Eager macro-expansion failure

From: Evan Aad
Subject: Re: Eager macro-expansion failure
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 09:13:37 +0200

Progress at last, but I still need help on how to proceed from here.

After moving the .emacs.d directory to the Desktop, as I reported in
my last message, I restored it to its original location. I then
deleted the contents of its elpa subdirectory, not before copying this
subdirectory to the Desktop. I then proceeded to introduce the
packages from the copied elpa directory back to their original
location one by one, in alphabetical order. After each step I started
emacs and noted if the error message occurred. Sometimes I would get a
message that a certain dependency was missing, in which case I would
copy the corresponding dependency, breaking alphabetical order.

It came down to the point that almost all of the packages were
restored but two, and Emacs started without emitting the error
message. The two packages that were still unrestored were
helm-projectile, and its dependency projectile. When I now restored
the projectile package (before restoring the helm-projectile package),
the error message finally appeared.

So the culprit is the projectile package; specifically projectile-20180107.2233

Could anyone please help me proceed from here to resolve whatever
problem causes the error message?