Re: "Wrong type argument: listp, async" after package update

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: "Wrong type argument: listp, async" after package update
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 07:02:41 +0100

Evan Aad <oddeveneven@gmail.com> writes:

> After updating my installed packages by executing "M-x
> package-list-packages", then "U", then "x", the following message
> appeared in the buffer at the very bottom of the Emacs window: "Wrong
> type argument: listp, async"
>
> What's the problem, and how can I fix it?

When does that error appear?  Directly during startup?  If so, start
emacs as "emacs --debug-init" which will put you in the debugger when
the error happens.  Post the backtrace shown there.

If it happens later when you do some specific action, do M-x
toggle-debug-on-error RET before doing that action.  That will likewise
put you in the debugger when the error happens where you can copy and
post the backtrace.

Bye,
Tassilo