Help with frame colors in Emacs

From: Patrick Mahan
Subject: Help with frame colors in Emacs
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 11:18:49 -0800

version information:

macOS Monterey 12.6
Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

GNU Emacs 26.3
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

I have had this version around for a while now but have only been using it
when I needed to edit a single file.  However, I am now starting to use it
as a development platform and when I am in the starting frame and want to
launch another frame, the background/foreground/mouse and cursor colors are
not the same as the main frame.

I launch using the following method:

/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -bg black -fg
mediumspringgreen -cr yellow -ms blue

This is also how I launch on my linux box (Ubuntu 18.04) minus the macOS
file path.  On linux I am running emacs 25.2.2 and when I launch a new
frame, it inherits the background/foreground, etc.  But this is not
happening on macOS.  I am wondering if it is because I am not using X
windows on the macOS?

In any case, is there a config method I can use so that all my frames
inherit the same background, foreground, etc short of setting the "default"
face?

Thanks,

Patrick