Re: yasnippet global mode not active when visiting a markdown buffer

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: yasnippet global mode not active when visiting a markdown buffer
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:09:27 +0100

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 9:00 PM Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not using use-package nor markdown-mode.
>
> But why would this:
>
> >> (add-hook 'prog-mode-hook #'yas-minor-mode)
>
> be relevant here ?
>

> markdown-mode is not about programs, it's about text.

Thanks, yes, my idea is to load yas-minor-mode whenever a programming
mode is there.
I know markdown-mode is not about programming, and I think there's a
reason why it is not working with my setup: markdown-mode binds a set
of commands to C-c C-s as I'm trying to do.
I will report back once I've configured it, also testing your idea.

Thanks,
Luca